We are an employer that promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment. If you want to make a lasting impression in credit management within a fast paced environment and be part of a critical team supporting the ‘high stakes’ business, then this role is yours. The Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom bank” is the place for those looking to new horizons.
You are a proven leader in Corporate Support in Credit Management within the Banking Industry, well-experienced with exceptional delivery of results in your line of work. You are technically adept and extensively knowledgeable on Bank Credit policy guidelines and government lending regulations as well as their implementation. You are well seasoned in making credit worthy decisions, passionate about enabling business as well as managing exposures to the Bank. You are driven by results and passionate about service excellence to the key stakeholders and customers.
Reporting to Director – Credit Management Division (CMD), the Senior Manager-Corporate Support will be required to drive and support the aggressive quality loan book growth targets, provide oversight over the corporate support analysis, and approval of the Corporate clients’ and Treasury proposals. The role holder will also ensure compliance with Bank’s lending guidelines/ policies and government regulations as well as carry out the role of the Bank’s Environment and Social risk coordinator.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
1. Provide oversight of all analysis and approval of credit proposals from all Lending Units, Treasury, and any other department/unit that may expose the Bank to credit risk.
2. Ensure compliance to Bank lending guidelines / policies and Government regulations.
3. Work closely with the Director - CMD to maintain appropriate credit risk management culture.
4. Provide team leadership, drive a high performance culture and coaching to the corporate support team in Credit Management division.
5. Be a transformative leader as part of the core team leading Transformation initiatives in Credit Management division of the Bank.
6. Keep abreast with new trends, best practices and professional and technical competencies by providing thought leadership through training programs, educational workshops, professional publications, professional networks and membership to professional bodies.
7. Work closely with Relationship Management, Remedial and Collection functions to provide support in structuring credit solutions and develop innovative credit products that meet customer’s needs while safeguarding the bank’s interests.
8. As the bank’s Environment and Social risk coordinator provide leadership on Credit and Social & Environment policies and coordinate implementation of the same in the Bank.
1. A Bachelor’s degree in a Business related field from a recognized university with Certification in Credit Management or Risk Analysis. Holders of relevant professional qualifications will have an added advantage.
2. At least 5 years’ experience in Credit Analysis 3 of which must be in a Senior/Management role within Corporate Credit Risk Analysis.
3. Must have great business acumen and a flair for managing complexity in a dynamic business environment.
4. Good knowledge of the Banking Act, Bank Operating procedures as well as business trends and thorough knowledge of CBK Lending guidelines.
5. Excellent Communication and report writing skills.
6. Superior leadership, management and negotiation skills with the ability to influence positively and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
7. Customer focused & results oriented.
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job reference number HCCA/CMD/3/2017 by 4th April 2017.
We are an equal opportunity employer.