FLEET DIRECTOR – ONE (1) POST - V/NO. 119/2016
Duties and Responsibilities
An officer at this level is responsible to the Principal Secretary, State Department of
Fisheries. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
(i) preparing and monitoring execution of plans, orders and directives;
(ii) monitoring and submitting the fleet performance reports to the Ministry; (iii) receiving reports from the Captains of various ships;
(iv) maintaining efficient and effective command of the fleet; (v) overseeing planning and budgeting for the fleet; and
(vi) planning and liaising with headquarters for career progression of all ship personnel.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
(i) at least fifteen (15) years working experience with the Kenya Navy having attained the rank of Lieutenant Colonel in the Seaman Department;
(ii) a Bachelor of Science degree in Marine, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya; and
(iii) good leadership, managerial and communication skills.
VACANT POSITIONS IN THE PUBLIC SERVICE
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
1. online through one of the Commission’s websites www.publicservice.go.ke and www.psckjobs.go.ke
2. by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews. It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates.
Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
so as to reach the Commission on or before 1st September, 2016.